College Credit Plus 2020-2021: Overview
College Credit Plus is a statewide Ohio program that provides an opportunity for qualified students in grades 7-12 to take college courses for both high school and college credit. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students. Taking a college course from a public college or university is free. That means no cost to the family of public and private school students for tuition, books or fees.
For more information visit the following website:
The Department of Higher Education
CCP college/university information:
College Credit Plus - Youngstown State University
College Credit Plus - Kent State University-Trumbull
College Credit Plus - Eastern Gateway Community College
Important Dates to Remember
- March 8 – last day to register for the April ACT without a fee
- April 1 – Last day to submit the annual Letter of Intent to participate in CCP to the LHS Guidance Office (Mr. Jones)
- April 5 – Last day to complete the YSU CCP New Student Application or Continuing Application
- April 4 – Last National ACT test accepted for admissions review for all NEW students applying to YSU in fall 2020
- May 1 – Last day to complete the EGCC CCP Application for summer & fall 2020
- May 1 – Last day to complete KSU-T Application for summer & fall 2020
- November 1 – Last day to complete the EGCC CCP Application for spring 2021
- November 1 – Last day to complete the KSU-T CCP Application for spring 2021
CCP LHS Scheduled Application Days, College Placement Testing, & Orientation Days
- February 13 – EGCC Application Day 10 am-12 pm
- February 28 – YSU CCP Application Day 9 am-11 am
- March 17 – CCP College Placement Testing 9 am-12 pm
- May 1 – YSU CCP Orientation Day 10 am-12 pm
- May 8 – EGCC CCP Orientation Day 9:30 am-10:30 am
Before you Apply
- Discuss the program with your parents/guardians & review college/universities online brochures. These can be found on the LHS Guidance website.
- If you or your parents/guardians have any questions about the program, schedule an appointment with Mrs. Jones.
- Understand Eligibility, Admissions & Course Placement for each university.
- If you have not taken the ACT or SAT - schedule to take the April 4th ACT (registration deadline February 28) or the March 14 SAT (registration deadline February 14).
Information you will need for Application Days
- New Students
- Social Security number
- Student personal email address
- Student cell phone number
- Parent/guardian email address
- Previous address information if you have lived at your current address
- Continuing Students
- Your college ID & email (e.g. if you have taken classes at YSU you will need your Penguin Portal username & password)
Click here to download the 2020-2021 Intent to Participate Form.